The International Energy Agency report QualitEE’s research on the UK ESCO Market
The International Energy Agency (IEA) have reported findings on the global market value of Energy Service Companies (ESCOs). The IEA’s survey results show that the global ESCO market value grew by 8%. Yet, the IEA have also coupled their findings with QualitEE’s market research to provide country specific results.
The key findings for the UK market in 2017/18 are as follows:
- The UK ESCO market is worth $115 million USD.
- Projects with a capital cost of $1-5 million USD and a contract duration of 5-10 years are most popular
- Public sector procurement frameworks increased the uptake of Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs)
- Borrowing debt from the client is the most popular source of financing
- Pressure to reduce costs and energy savings guarantees were the biggest drivers of business for ESCOs
- Lack of trust in the ESCO industry was the biggest barrier to business
To find out more about the ESCO market in the UK, visit the IEA website or watch the IEA’s webinar on global market updates in 2018.